Friday, July 2, 2010
The University of Philippines And Arab Emirate Scholarships
The University of Philippine PGMA-SEGS (CHED) Scholarships
All graduate programs by thesis/dissertation (Full-time)
Engineering graduates who are faculty members of academic institutions who are not over 47 years old in age for masters degree applicants
Value of scholarships
• Regular term: P10,000 per month for masters and P12,000 per month for doctoral programs
• Summer term: same as above
• Urban: P2,500 per month for masters and doctorate
• Rural: P2,000 per month for masters and doctorate
• Masters: P15,000 for the duration of scholarship
• Doctoral: P20,000 for the duration of scholarship
• One round trip air/boat/bus for the duration of the program
• Maximum of P13,440 per month
• P50,000 will be awarded to those who will finish their degree one term ahead
First Semester- 30 April
Second semester- 30 September
Ms. Lynne Serrano
981-8500 loc 3106
Full Scholarships for all Nationalities to Study at Masdar Institute in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
The MASDAR Institute of Science and Technology in Abu Dhabi is pleased to announce full scholarships to highly qualified graduate students from around the world.
The Institute offers Masters and (in 2011) PhD programs in science and engineering disciplines, with a focus on advanced energy and sustainable technologies.
It welcomes and encourages applications from qualified students and provides scholarships to talented students who meet its high admission standards.
Beginning September 2009, the MASDAR Institute will offer five 24-month Master of Science programs (coursework and thesis).
• M.Sc in Engineering Systems and Management
• M.Sc in Information Technology
• M.Sc in Materials Science and Engineering
• M.Sc in Mechanical Engineering
• M.Sc in Water and Environment
Full scholarship is available to qualified talented students who meet its high admission standards which include appropriate TOEFL score, GRE and an excellent CGPA from a recognized university. A minimum CGPA of 3.0 (on a 4 point scale) or 2:1 in the British system, minimum TOEFL score of 577, and a minimum GRE quantitative score of 700 are the basic requirements without which an applicant will most likely not be considered.
Students accepted into the Masdar Institute will be offered a full scholarship which includes the following:
• 100% tuition fee scholarship
• Medical Insurance
• Housing in a single unit apartment (at the Masdar campus)
• International students will receive reimbursement of travel expenses (economy class air-ticket) into Abu Dhabi and back home after completion of studies.
Travel expenses (return economy class air-ticket) back to the student's home country at the end of the 1st year of studies will also be reimbursed.
• Reimbursement of TOEFL and GRE exam fees (upon registration at Masdar Institute and submission of original receipts)
• A competitive stipend per month (cost of living allowance).
• No bond or conditions to the scholarship upon graduation
The scholarship and benefits are subject to the student maintaining a minimum CGPA as determined by Masdar Institute of Science and Technology and satisfactory progress on their research.
Any questions about the Institute and scholarships may be directed to Stephen Lee, Assistant Provost, at Email: email@example.com