1. Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme starting September 2010 or February 2011 ( All MA, MSc and LL.M programmes as mentioned on the website Master’s programmes in Leiden).
2. All nationalities enrolling in the following programmes starting September 2010 or February 2011:
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Air and Space Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in European and International Business Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in International Tax Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Public International Law
- MSc in International Relations and Diplomacy
Value of Scholarship
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has 5 awards:
Platinum Covers the tuition fee minus the home fee* and an allowance of €10,000 for living costs
Gold Covers the tuition fee minus the home fee*
Silver Covers 75% of the tuition fee
Bronze Covers 50% of the tuition fee
Ivory Covers 25 % of the tuition fee
• The tuition fee will be reduced to the amount of the home fee. Students who have been awarded a Platinum or Gold award still have to pay the home fee themselves.
How to Apply
1A Fill in your online application for admission to Leiden University
B Upload all necessary documents
C Indicate clearly that you would like to apply for the LExS scholarship on the scholarship page
D Upload your letter of motivation for the LExS scholarship on the scholarship page
E Submit your online application
F Pay the application fee
2A All LExS applicants will be informed by the scholarship department of the International Office.
Letter of motivation
To apply for the scholarship, you should write a letter of motivation (in Word) of a maximum of 500 words, in which you indicate why you believe you should be considered for this scholarship. The Word document should then be attached on the scholarship page in your online application for the master’s programmes for which you are applying.
It is possible to submit applications for more scholarship programmes simultaneously. However, it is not possible to obtain more than 1 scholarship from Leiden University for the same study programme.
1st October 2010
Further information: www.leiden.edu/